Home / Museums and expositions / Museums / Underground bath XVII century

Underground bath XVII century

In 2016, archeological excavations and cleaning works were carried out in the underground bath near the Double Fortress Gates.The underground bath is dated back to the early 17th century.

After the annexation of the Baku Khanate to the Russian Empire in 1806, the domes of the baths were demolished and the gaps filled with household waste. Military commandant’s office buildings for Russian soldiers were built on the territory of the monument.

In 2015, these buildings were demolished, and in 2016, archeological research and excavation works were carried out in the area of ​​the monument, and in 2018-2019, conservation and restoration work were implemented.Restoration of the initial appearance of the monument of national importance was completed in December 2019. Archaeological finds in the area of ​​the bath complex, which occupies an area of ​​about 340 m., consist mainly of ceramics, glass, pottery fragments, a large number of black lamps, bronze icons, warehouses, copper and silver coins.

Check Also

Maiden Tower

Icherisheher (Inner City), the rarest pearl in the cultural heritage of the Azerbaijani people and the pride of every Azerbaijani, is the historical centre of ancient Baku, which was the capital of the Shirvanshah State. This state with its thousand years of history, symbolises Azerbaijani statehood. At the heart of Icherisheher stands Maiden Tower (Qız Qalası), one of the most spectacular and magnificent architectural monuments of Baku's historic buildings.

Добавить комментарий

Ваш адрес email не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *